qinqin814
do you think parents play an important role in the development of a child's personality? why?
Mar 24, 2008 4:18 PM
6
0
As it is often claimed by psychology, the parental affection at the ages before 13 is a crucial factor in the development of the child's personality. Children which don't grow up in affection tend to develop a less confident, less secure character. Apart from science, i think it does play a very important role.
April 4, 2008
Yes, but the child shall always be strongly affected by his/her peers and the environment. It is how the child observes the things around him/herself, that determines the personality. A child or even a grown person who is or feels isolated from the people around him/her the child - or grown person - will have more time to think. Thinking about why he/she can't fit and thinking about most other things people forget to think about. This is why a child who is spoiled, or a teenager, or adult, who is spoiled with material goods or improper show of love, end up growing more of a corrupt or poor character. Because they have not been given the chance to observe or think about the things that "really" go on around them. What affects the growth of a child's character remains the same even for an adult. Tell me, have you (Qinqin814 or the person reading this) ever felt really rejected or left out, feel a little saddened or very disappointed, and began to think, "What did I do wrong? What does he/she do to make them more accepted then me?I need to make corrections. Is that "really" the kind of people I should be around? Maybe I should make a better choice of friends."? or "Did I really make the right choice?Maybe I should apologize. I don't want to ruin our friendship. But how should I do it?"? If so, (Qinqin814 or the person reading this) then add me. Let's talk.Sorry about the long message. I like these type of questions.
April 3, 2008
YESSSS . of course. the simple answer is that without a parent how are they supposed to learn about how to deal with life and all it throws up? like relationships, love, difficulties with establishment, behaviour, etc etc, otherwise they will only ever learn from their peers who they will accept as the norm but a childs peers are children if you accept children as the purveyors of truth you will think its unfair that santa aint real!!!
yes, parents is a guide, and All chidren are improve through the childhood.
April 4, 2008
It is a very interesting question, and so the answers. My own answer is Yes, a very important role, depending on a lot of circumstances. And as some have already said, there are also other influences. May I put a question to you?: Could parents protect children against children (when grown up) being corrupt? If you are going to answer it, please think carefully, since it is a fact that corrupt men and women are in every single place on earth. Of course no need to answer. Cheers.
April 4, 2008
qinqin814
Chinese (Mandarin), English, French, Italian
English, French, Italian