"Lead somebody to do something"is correct.
Here is a dictionary definition of "lead" and "led"[ past tense] for you that illustrates how to use this word.
The word lead means:
1. To show the way to by going in advance.
2. To guide or direct in a course: I will l lead a horse by the halter. .
a. To serve as a route for; take: The path leads/led to a cemetery.
b. To be a channel or conduit for (water or electricity, for example).
4. To guide the behavior or opinion of; induce: The teacher led us to believe otherwise.
a. To direct the performance or activities of: The conductor leads an orchestra.
b. To inspire the conduct of: The Prime Minister leads the nation in its crisis.
6. To play a principal or guiding role in: She leads a discussion; He led the antiwar movement.
a. To go or be at the head of: The queen led the procession. My name led the list.
b. To be ahead of: He led the runner-up by three strides.
c. To be foremost in or among: She led the field in nuclear research; She led her teammates in free throws.
8. To pass or go through; live: We lead an independent life.
9. To begin or open with, as in games: He led an ace.
10. To guide (a partner) in dancing. The man leads the woman in a waltz