angelic_meng
Do you think which one is difficult chinese or english?
25
0
For me as a westerner, Chinese would be very difficult to learn as it has 80,000 characters.
I think that chinese is more difficult than English. (as a second language of course) In chinese you need to learn the kanjis and write them, as well as learn carefully the tonal pronunciation typical of some asian languages.
This question is very debatable. I think it would always depend on who you ask. But generally speaking, and of course basing on the language's syntax and composition...I would say CHINESE! With the English language, you just have to learn the alphabet and their sounds, put them together and voila!- you have a word..then get on with the correct pronunciation, meanings, and grammar. With Chinese, you have to get accustomed to the tones, pinyin, and memorize the CHARACTERS (correct pronunciation, the number of strokes, the radicals, etc..)!
Chinese is the only language which I have never tried to go through! I feel a great deal of fear learning it.
english is difficult.haha. chinese is easy.
angelic_meng
Chinese (Mandarin), English, Japanese