Wendy
What's the difference between "just" and "just now"? 所用语言: 中文 I' ve made mistakes. But anyhow I have known it. thanks a lot. :)
2
0
They are similar, they both can be used to describe something that happened recently. Ex: "I just got home," or "I just now got home." The difference is situational: you can say: "I just bought an iphone," which means you recently bought it, but if you are trying to say that you have been intending on buying one for a while, or if it has been available for a long time and you finally bought it, you would say "I just now bought an iphone." Hope this helps
Just now implies that the action happened fairly recently like a few minutes to an hour whereas "just" can be used for a longer period of time. The glass broke just now, or she called just now. Obama was elected just a few years ago and already he's having problems. I just spoke to him a few weeks ago. also "just" can be used to imply more things than time such as shock, I just couldn't believe it. or inferiority : You're just a jerk! you're just a student. ( like in replacement of "only": you're only a teacher)
Wendy
Chinese (Mandarin), English, German
English, German