Gloups
Set expressions Hi! I'm interested in the following expressions. Could u tell if there are literal equivalents in Persian and provide me with the examples? (when I say "equivalent", it means that they should have the same literal meaning, with a body part as a subject of the verb or adjective given - or something very close). Thanks a lot! NB: I m not learning Persian. (a) My belly (stomach) is hungry (to mean "I m hungry") (b) His body is tall (to mean "he is tall") (c) His age (years) is (are) young (to mean "he is young") (d) His strength is strong (to mean "he is strong") (e) My heart (mind, soul...) is happy (to mean "I m happy") (f) His eyes are blind (to mean "he is blind")
18
0
I hope I got your meaning,so I'll try to answer you. I'll check one by one: (a) My belly (stomach) is hungry : shekame man gorosne ast I m hungry : gorosne-am (b) His body is tall : ghadash boland ast (of course "ghadash" means "his length" not "his body") he is tall : ou boland ast (c) His age (years) is (are) young : senash kam ast (of course "kam" means "low" not "young") he is young : ou javan ast (d) His strength is strong : ghodratash ziad ast (of course "ziad" means "high" not "strong") he is strong : ou ghavi ast (e) My heart (mind, soul...) is happy : ghalbe(zehne,roohe ...)man shad ast I m happy : man shadam (f) His eyes are blind :chashmane ou koor hastand he is blind : ou koor ast We use both types in our everyday usage.And no,there's not any restriction.For that kind of things which you said(poetry,expressing a kind of high degree).We use different words for these purposes.
(a) My belly (stomach) is hungry شکم من گرسنه است - (to mean "I m hungry") من گرسنه هستم or گرسنمه (b) His body is tall بدنش بلند است - (to mean "he is tall") او بلند است (c) His age (years) is (are) young سن او کم است or سن او جوان است - (to mean "he is young") او جوان است or جوانه (d) His strength is strong قدرت او قوی است - (to mean "he is strong") او قوی است (e) My heart (mind, soul...) is happy قلب من شاد است - (to mean "I m happy") من شاد هستم (f) His eyes are blind چشمان او کور(نابینا) است - (to mean "he is blind") او کور (نابینا) است in all of the part two of my translate the من or او words can be delete. for example in on sentence : (to mean "I m hungry") من گرسنه هستم -----> گرسنه هستم common mode formal mode
So sorry dear Gloups! batinard بابا چرا الكي بنده خدا رو گيج مي كني؟؟؟!!من فقط حرفم اينه كه كاربرد:"قلبم شاده،قدرتش قويه،بدنش بلنده"!!!تو فارسي غيرطبيعيه.نيست؟ اين كه نميخواد بياد اينجا گدايي كنه كه مثال از گدا ميزني:) برو بالا ببين چي نوشته،قشنگ معنيش كن ببين چي ميشه. نوشته:His BODY is tall (to mean "he is tall") (body كه قد نيس) His strength is STRONG (to mean "he is strong") (strongزياد معني ميده؟) تو وقتي خوشحالي عين آدم ميگي "خوشحالم"نميگي؟ "برو بابا دلت خوشههههه؟" اين يكي ديگه جفنگ بود.خودتم ميدوني كه اين يه اصطلاحيه كه نميتونه جايگزين "خوشحالم"بشه. كاربرد "چشاش كوره" رو هم كه تصديق كردم:-؟؟ تو جوابات هيچ جا اينو تصريح نكردي كه جمله هاي خودش بعضياشون اشتباهن. فقط معني كردي. و نگفتي كدوما استفاده ميشه،كدوما نميشه!
Thanks a lot for those examples, Batinard. I cant understand them but i believe you. Actually i dont doubt about the sincerity of both of you. Sometimes I also dont agree with French speakers of French about what can be said and what cant. And that s also interesting to note such disagreement, because there s always some reason hiding behind. You deserve the best answer anyway! ^^
So the question is about the first parts,yeah? I'll give you examples of our everyday usages. "shekame man gorosne ast" What I can remember now is this sentence which our beggars usually use: "To ra be khoda komak konid,shekame bacheHam gorosnast" "ghadash boland ast " Like this: "ouno negah kon,ghadesh che bolande" "senash kam ast" and "ghodratash ziad ast" Like these: "ba vojoode inke senesh kame ama godratesh kheyli ziade" "ghalbe(del,zehne,roohe, ...)man shad(khosh) ast" Like this: "delet khoshe ha!" "chashmane ou koor hastand" Like this: "Oun agha ro niga,cheshmash koore" Of course I wrote all the examples in colloquial Farsi for being more natural.I hope you can understand them. And some words with Ayim: Didn't you hear expressions like these before?I acknowledge you;some of them are used lesser,but we use them. Come on!Say it to him.He is lost and I'm waiting for being the best answer.Relieve all of us!Please! ;)
Gloups
Chinese (Mandarin), English, French, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Mongolian, Russian, Zulu
Korean, Russian, Zulu