lindang
What is your point of view upon the problem of youth drug abuse?
3
0
we need to be honest with youth about what drugs do and what we know about the drugs. Trying to scare them away, or giving them misinformation to deter them is not the right approach. Educating young people about drugs will allow them to put drugs into a more appropriate place in their world view.
I have stopped smoking since 2 years ago. I think smoking is also a kind of drug abuse in the meaning of dependence on nicotine. Differences are smoking is not illegal and its poisonous is little slight than other drugs. Common point is it give us pleasant feeling and time which we can forget problem or stress. But when I tried stop smoking, I had to settle a bill. It was so difficult trial even with support of nicotine patch and gum. I surprised to know how I depended to nicotine. And I know how big risk I had for my health. I think people need poison when they have very hard time or when lost hope for the future. People use it to forget real life or it may be a kind of suicide. But in the case of youth, their curiosity helps to try drug. I think we have to teach them that using drug is not cool, completely. I recommend eating banana and smiling in exchange for drugs.
i have talk to people who had drugs , well, actually i could meet that kind of person pretty often , they told me they were enjoying the life . After that , i think that is their own business, i would not even call that a problem anymore.
lindang
Chinese (Mandarin), Chinese (Cantonese), Chinese (Taiwanese), English