Hailey
What's the difference between these two, or which one is correct? - I don't care if it rains. - I don't care if it will rain.I should've thought about how I say in Korean because we don't use the future tense here as well.
8
0
In my opinion, you can use those sentences interchangeably especially in informal / spoken English. The rule though is that you use the simple present tense of the verb for future tense if it has a given schedule (ex. movie, bus schedule, concert, etc.). For example, "The movie starts at 8pm tomorrow night."
I don't care if it rains. = correct I don't care if it'll rain. = WRONG
Thanks to both :) Well...this reminds me when I was told that English grammar isn't intuitive so it's such a pain in the ass for a non-native English speaker.
yeah..in informal English people don't really follow the rules. but Eliot is right, IF IT RAINS... IF here should be followed by present tense... :)
they're both fine. i use both haha the first one is completely correct, the second one is wrong but we still say it anywys :P
Hailey
English, Japanese, Korean