Saidam
Is Mandarin easy to learn for the Japanese? I believe that learning Mandarin Chinese for the Japanese people must be easier than any other language - mostly because of similarity in writing systems (both use 漢字 kanji/hanzi), although these languages are not related. Is it so? What's the easiest language for the Japanese to study? (just out of curiosity)
5
0
Well, I don't say it's the easiest language for Japanese to learn, but knowledge of kanji is definitely a great advantage. Sometimes some short sentences or phrases are understandable just by looking without any experience of studying Mandarin. Instead, Mandarin pronunciation is as hard as English. For Japanese, Korean language is relatively easy to reach up to some point thanks to the similarity in grammar and common kanji vocab between the two languages.
i heard that the korean characters stand for letters and not word or phrases like chinese and japanese
my friend is japanese and she said that chinese is very easy for her to learn because a lot of the characters are the same. she has no problem when it comes to writing and reading chinese but its hard for her to speak it
maybe,i am learning Japanese now,and there are lots of kanji indeed,at least it wont bother me much to remember how to write them,but i heard Japanese and Korean are the same language system,so Korean may be the easiest for Japanese to learn^^
Well, your thinking is 100% wrong. Hi hi. To answer you question, no it isn't easy for you to study Mandarin. It is probably just as hard as English. Anyway, Japanese is not related to any other language, so it makes little difference which language you decide to study.
Saidam
Chinese (Mandarin), English, Japanese, Russian, Yakut
Chinese (Mandarin), English, Japanese