Paula
Should we call it a day? Hi there! Can you explain this expression and please, give me more exemples which I can use it? Tks Tks Tks!
4
0
Hi) Example: You've been doing something all day and it's getting late. Or you're bored. You want to stop, turn to your friend and say......" Should we call it a day?" Does that make sense?
"Call it a day" = To quit whatever you are doing, stop the activity for the day or for the present moment. Suppose I'm at work, I look at the clock and think "great ... it's 5 o'clock, let's call it a day !" By the way... wiiii !!! (I forgot to show my happiness =p) Should we call it a day? ... in this case someone is asking someone else if he or she agree to finish what they are doing. ^^
Should we call it a day? = Should we stop working? Example: After studying for 6 hours for her exam, Mary said to her friend, "Should we call it a day? I''m tired and hungry".
call it a day = finish what you're doing
Paula
English, Portuguese