Hailey
Is it logical to say "Don't make me throw you out because you know I will."? This sounds a bit strange.
27
1
It looks OK to me, although it needs a comma to clarify the meaning : "Don't make me throw you out, because you know I will." To make someone do something = to force or impel them to do it. To throw (something/someone) out = idiomatic phrase; to eject, to dispose of...
It is perfectly OK. ...because you know I WILL (throw you out). WILL is stressed. It indicates that (if he misbehaves) she will definitely make the decision to throw him out.
Sounds not logical to me. I will (throw you out), so there's no need to make me to do this. I'm initiative to throw you out.
The speaker is just stating that he knows that the other person knows the rules; it is a simple request of sticking to an acceptable behaviour, reminding that the rules are effective. It seems to me like a school context.
It does make sense because it's related to the first conditional: "If you give me a reason to throw you out, I will do so."
Hailey
English, Japanese, Korean