Polina
I have a great deal of... Help me, please. Which sentences are correct? Also, I need your explanation. I have a great deal to do. I have a great deal of spoons. I have a great deal of friends. I have a great deal of cats.
27 Oca 2011 11:31
18
0
hi,polina, They all are correct. In theory recently, "a geat deal of " is similar to "much", be used with uncountable noun,for example, ~people,~money, ~confidence... but,in the past,"a geat deal of "can be used with both of uncountable noun and countable noun,therefore, "i have a geat deal of friends" is correct. By the way, "a geat deal" can be used as adverb, for example,He smoke a geat deal . I'v learnt a geat deal from you....
27 Ocak 2011
They're all correct. a great deal of = (more than) a lot of and the grammar for both is the same.
27 Ocak 2011
The rule is the following": "A good deal" and "a great deal" are used only with uncountable nouns: I have a great deal to do. Russia exports a great deal of timber. He spends a great deal of money on his car. "A great many" and "a good many" are used with countable nouns. He has won a great many races.
27 Ocak 2011
is correct and that's when live
27 Ocak 2011
Use 'a lot' instead :p
27 Ocak 2011
Polina
English, French, Italian, Russian, Turkish
English, Turkish