水烟轻澹
question about understanding the sentence. A woman went shopping,but the salesman is useless and helpless. So the woman finally said,“Thanks for your help, Ralph!” Ralph here means vomit? sounds like the sound,:DI found a link of this dialogue,http://wenku.baidu.com/view/d58926f69e314332396893fd.html
27 janv. 2011 13:38
14
0
I like Sergey's answer. Ralph is the name of the salesperson. When the "r" is NOT capitalized: ralph = v. to vomit Ralph: when the "R" is capitalized, then it is a name of a person. It can be the shortened form of Radulf.
28 janvier 2011
Yeah, "Ralph" is the sound of someone vomiting. Unless, earlier in the conversation, the man had explicitly told the girl his name was Ralph.
27 janvier 2011
Where did you get the lines? A story, comedy, etc? Need the context. I always felt a little awkward to use "rolf" (rolling on the laughing floor) instead of "lol". It causes misunderstandings. I don't think so, otherwise that would be very lame humour to appreciate; ordinarily people won't apply such funny terms into a spoken conversation, it sounds stupid.
27 janvier 2011
lol no Ralph does not mean "vomit" at all. Although, that's an interesting thought. Assuming that Ralph was the shopkeeper, then the woman was being sarcastic when she said "Thanks for your help, Ralph!" The other meaning I would get from this is "Ralph you have wasted my time and I'm annoyed with you. I want you to go away. I will say thank you but I definitely do not mean it!"
27 janvier 2011
Ralph is the salesman's name. My name is Sergey and his name is Ralph.
27 janvier 2011
水烟轻澹