Francisco
"Italki friends" or "Friends of italki" Hi! I'd like to know which one of these sentences is right, of if both ore ok? Thanks! :D
11
1
"Italki friends" is the correct one. "Friends of Italki" implies that Italki is a person who has friends. "I have friends on Italki" and "I have Italki friends" are both fine, but "Italki friends" is the most common. :) Hope that helps!
You can also say, I went to a cocktail party in Shanghai which was held for all the friends of Italki.
I get a substantial difference in the meaning: Italki friends is the most common meaning, the one I think you point at. An Italki friend is somebody who is friendly to the association or to the firm for whatever reason, and maybe not even interested in language exchange. Mr. CrazedWork already pointed this out.
Italki friends means the people you know from the site Italki, who already developed a friendship with you. Friends of Italki means the different thing. I mean if you're trying to refer to someone you knew from Italki by this phrase, people can understand what you're meant to say, but strictly speaking, take Jura's sentence as an example: "held for all the friends of Italki" That means all of the Italki members here, they don't necessarily have a friendship each other or even know each other in person.
Francisco
English, Greek, Italian, Spanish
English, Greek, Italian