Hailey
Who do you think is a good example of sarcastic English?
2011年1月29日 03:59
46
0
Does A. Einstein intimidate my readers :) ? Here is another man gifted with a great logical mind: Groucho Marx My favourite: -- I find television very educating. Every time somebody turns on the set, I go into the other room and read a book. -- I refuse to join any club that would have me as a member. (a rare self-sarcastic remark) -- Here's to our wives and girlfriends! May they never meet! (Sarcasm towards hypocrisy) -- I remember the first time I had sex… I kept the receipt. (Self sarcasm) -- A black cat crossing your path signifies that the animal is going somewhere. (Sarcasm towards superstitious beliefs) Unless I got the target of sarcasm I was not sure whether to classify under 'sarcasm' or just funny; 'sarcasm' always needs a target, as it is a piercing arrow.
2011年1月30日
Oh, you asked a good question. You might be a real intellectual, right?
2011年1月29日
Most of my answers.
2011年1月29日
here's some sarcasm for you: Eliot is really good at Chinese. :P
2011年1月29日
Dark Panther and Eliot often use sarcasm. Here are a few famous sarcastic comments. “Sometimes I need what only you can provide: your absence.” - Ashleigh Brilliant “It's always darkest before it turns absolutely pitch black.” - Paul Newman “It's a catastrophic success.” - Stephen Bishop “I feel so miserable without you, it's almost like having you here.” - Stephen Bishop “History teaches us that men and nations behave wisely once they have exhausted all other alternatives.” - Abba Eban
2011年1月29日
Hailey
English, Japanese, Korean