meggan12345
When you put a noun between verb with preposition(or adverb) and when after verb? "step something up" or "step up something"?
6
0
Hi this is a very useful site: http://www.usingenglish.com/reference/phrasal-verbs/ You can browse alphabetically for the verb, find a certain verb and search all the prepositions attached, or find a certain preposition and get most of the verbs they are attached to with definitions and examples in all cases.
With phrasal verbs (a verb + preposition that creates a new unique meaning) you can often split the verb and the preposition. For example: I looked up the word in the dictionary. I looked the word up in the dictionary. I'm sure there are some phrasal verbs that cannot be split, but I can't think of any at the moment, since most of the time you can. As for your question about adverbs, you'll have to give an example for me to understand your question.
Sorry, could you give a few examples of what you mean?
meggan12345
English, Hindi, Italian, Polish
English, Hindi, Italian