Taras
I want home. I want to home. Is the second phrase correct?
8
1
You have two options: 1) I want home = Я хочу мой дом 2) I want to go home = Я хочу пойти домой The second phrase of your question is grammatically wrong.
Both are wrong. I want to go home.
What I'm gonna tell you might sound a little bit breathtaking: Both are CORRECT, quite strictly and technically speaking. Why? Let's see: 1 I want home. <<< Want, an intransitive verb here, home, an adverb here. 2 I want to home. <<< home, instransitive verb, meaning "go home" or "to make a home". This phrase is perfectly perfect. But the only problem is, people never say the first one "I want home". And the problem 2 is, people rarely say "I want to home" and will irrefutably condiser it "grammatically" wrong. Obviously, they will just say "I want a home", "I want to go home" instead. Both of your phrases sound extremely weird. But people not saying it does not mean it is "wrong" in grammar. "It's time for you to home." Correct, guaranteed.
Eliot is correct. Both are grammatically wrong in English. I want home is not correct. Only I want to go home is correct.
Taras
English, German, Russian, Ukrainian
English, German