Lisdy
What is difference of trust and believe? What is difference of "trust" and "believe"? I want to know it in datil. Thanks very much!! ^^
5
0
http://www.eduqna.com/Words-Wordplay/2812-words-1-8.html
~TRUST is to be one hundred percent sure that a person won't betray you ~BELIEVE is can be used in two ways -to BELIEVE IN someone or something it means you have faith on him/her/it which is similar to TRUST -when it's just BELIEVE it means that you know it's true not a lie or to know that a person isn't lying, even if you don't trust him/her. hope that was helpful~
Trust is more like you allow or believe something without fear. Believe is you think something is the truth. Therefore, trust implies negative consequences and believe does not. Also you can trust something without believing it. For example: "I trust that the sun will set at 7:04 pm," would be incorrect. Why would you fear the exact time the sun sets? Will something negative occur if it does not set at 7:04 pm? "I believe that the sun will set at 7:04 pm," would be correct. You probably watched the Weather Channel and they told you what time the sun would set, or something like that. "I trust my car will get me to work every day," would be correct. Whether or not the statement comes true, I choose not to buy a new car that I can rely on. I may not even believe the statement. Perhaps I simply can't afford a new car. If my car does not perform, I will most likely face negative consequences at work. "I believe my car will get me to work every day," means something slightly different. I have no need for a new car, since I believe that my current one is reliable.
Trust and believe have varying degrees of use. TRUST can be an emotional act, a logical act or both. Emotionally, to put your TRUST in someone is to expose your vulnerabilities while believing that the other party will do no harm to you by taking advantage of these vulnerabilities. Logically, it is where you have assessed the probabilities of gain and loss, calculating expected utility based on hard performance data, and concluded that the person in question will behave in a predictable manner. In a logical act, trust may be synonymous to an assumption that where all variable are present, an event will arise from these factors. BELIEVE - (1) be convinced of, to trust (2) to regard as true (3) think. There are times though that one may trust a person but not necessarily believe in the consummation of the act.
"Trust" is one of the synonyms for "believe," as in "I trust that you will find the bed comfortable." However, "trust" usually is used to say that I assume you are telling me the truth, or I assume you will not harm me. Examples: I can trust her with the keys to my apartment. The salesman told me I should trust him, but I don't. The guide told us we could trust the 400-year-old bridge not to collapse. You can trust without completely believing something or someone 100%... it is like religious faith in that way.
Lisdy