Diego
How can I improve my spanish listenning skills???
7
0
As mayutaka says, you must listen and listen and listen. I am trying to improve my english listening watching movies or videos with subtitles. First I watch the video with subtitles in my language (spanish) then I watch it with subtitles in english, and finally I watch without subtitles. I think it works quite well. You can also listen to audiobooks. First listen and read and then listen only.
Just keep listening to lots of Spanish. Even if you are doing something, put some Spanish songs on in the background. Try to have Spanish sounds around you as much as possible. The more you hear, the faster you will learn.
If you want to improve listening, then practise listening. - communicate with people (in person, online) - podcasts (e.g. a free source of them is www.notesinspanish.com) - music (check lyrics if you don't understand something) - video (use subtitles if you don't understand something) Always try to listen to materials that are more or less suitable for your level (it can be a bit above it), this way you'll keep your motivation . If with a basic level you try to watch a movie full of slangs, you will probably not understand it might be demotivating. The most importnant is that you practise regularly and enjoy it!
I would agree with Sonia that listening and speaking at the same time benefits you more than only keep on listening a thing again and again. Because in this way you use your mind to think and once you start thinking in a language you want to learn, thats the point where you start stepping up the stairs.
If you have the opportunity to practice speaking spanish by microphone, or in person, this would be ideal
Diego
Chinese (Mandarin), Chinese (Taiwanese), English, French, Spanish
English, French, Spanish