庚 泽
Have you talked to your own body? The other day a friend ask me a question: "Do you think your body is yours? " I answered-yes. And he continued: "If the body are ourselves, how come we can't order it to keep away from illness when the body has some problems? Why it won't listen to you?" Do you think your body is like a residence that you rent to live in, a tool to feel the world? An interesting idea to me, so have you ever treat it as your intimate partner? Do you think for smooth partnership having a heart to heart talk with it makes sense ?
24
3
My body has my email and cell phone number. That should be enough. I pay the rent both to my soul and to my body, that is with occasional sadness; my body is making credit to me, until some precise day it won't tell me when.
This is the stuff of philosophy, even Daoism. Here is a short answer. The body IS ours. We created the body for a purpose, and we are fulfilling that purpose right now. It falls ill because we want it to fall ill. So now you see the error in your friend's thinking. He likes to take credit for all the good things that happen to him, but always looks to blame others when life is unpleasant. I have healed my body a number of times with the mind.
An eternal argument in philosophy. And a few more other fields. Do we have a soul? Where's our awareness reside in? Do we exist? ... I've dreamt once, I was totally into another being's body, frightened to death, struggling to get out. Kinda like "John Malkovich". Eastern philosophy, I would recommend you; the sages' thoughts concern our consciousness, more than other issues. "I know I am but I don't know what I am" ------ I can't spell/remember his E name. Freedom.
Is your house yours? If yes, then why can't you order it to keep rat infestations out? Why won't it listen to you? Because it can't. Same thing with bodies, really. It can't just keep away from a viral or bacterial illness because you want it to.
I will talk with my body and ask it to create a shield against envy.
庚 泽