LILIYA
hello! what do u think is the strangest or interesting english custom or tradition?
6
0
'english custom or tradition' is wrong.you should say 'British custom or tradition'. I don't know the British tradition,so I can't give you my views.
The Carnival of Basel, also known as “Fasnacht” intrigues me. Carl Jung writes about it in one of his books. He would take his students there to observe the normally reserved Swiss come out of their shells so to speak; it’s only that they did so behind colourful and often quite frightening masks. I don’t recall exactly how it went now but there was a connection Jung made with the human desire to go crazy once in a while; which may be a reason why there are so many curious traditions around the planet.
April 16, 2014
Hi these sites will give you a lot of unusual English customs http://www.woodlands-junior.kent.sch.uk/customs/curious/calendar.htm # British Culture, Customs and Traditions Learn about british culture, customs and traditions. www.learnenglish.de/britishculture.htm # [PDF] A GUIDE TO ENGLISH CULTURE AND CUSTOMS File Format: PDF/Adobe Acrobat - Quick View information about English customs and describes some points that may be different from your own culture. Part of the fun of coming to ... www.stgiles-international.com/.../General_cultural_information.pdf -
You should read the book "Watching the English" by Kate Fox. There's even a Russian translated version on the internet. It's a very interesting read and will probably answer all your questions!
LILIYA
English, Russian, Spanish, Tatar, Turkish
English, Spanish, Turkish