庚 泽
A related question about "seeing someone" : )) I've known that seeing someone means having a romantic relationship with someone. And it reminds me of a case in which I used it some time ago. C and S are both my male friends. S was asking me what I was doing at that moment through SMS. C just dropped in and check on me. So I replied : A friend is seeing me. I will contact you later at night. Wait for me. Is it OK to say so ? Would S take it wrong that C's my BF. ? I appreciate your answers !
6
0
The phrase "to be seeing someone" is slightly euphemistic - it's a little less direct than saying "(someone) is my boyfriend/girlfriend". In your example, I don't think there was any confusion. "I'm seeing someone"(as in a boyfriend) is a general comment, not a one-time reason for being busy. "A friend is seeing me" tells me that it's a visit; for coffee, for dinner, etc.
C'est une très belle histoire. Elle peut être l'histoire d'un film.
庚 泽