elghadbani
Can we use contract form with all the verbs like? thank you Mr Peachey take an example: (I have) = (I've) or (I feel not) = (I feeln't) please tell me about the auxiliaries and the other verbs.
3
0
An informal type of contraction occurs frequently in speech and writing, in which a syllable is substituted by an apostrophe and/or other mode of elision, e.g., can't for "cannot", won't for "will not". Such contractions are often either negations with not or combinations of pronouns with auxiliary verbs, e.g., I'll for "I will". At least one study has sought to analyze the category of negative informal contractions as the attachment of an inflectional suffix. Full form Contracted Notes not –n't let us let's am –'m are –'re is –'s does very informal has American English only contracts forms of have when used as auxiliaries have –'ve had –'d did would will –'ll of o'– used mostly in o'clock it 't– Archaic, except in uses such as 't's (that is); "'t's what I said!" you –ya, –ja, –cha Very informal in writing — –'em Contracted from hem, but used for modern them Informal speech sometimes allows multiple contracted forms to pile up, producing constructions like wouldn't've for "would not have". Another stereotypically informal contraction is ain't, for "am not" or "is not".
Could you give an example please? Are you talking about contractions?
can you explain more, please?
elghadbani
Arabic, English