human
is "can we not" an old version of English instead of "can't we"? Lucretia:Can we not stay for the rest of the games? Quintus:Vettius's men command the prominent matches,he has more than enough eyes to watch him stroke his cock,I would not add ours to the sight.
5
0
"Can't we" is the abbreviated form (short form) of "Can we not". It means the same thing. However, in formal situations, we do not use the can't or won't shan't etc. In the old days, there was no such abbreviated forms in speech. Proper English (in my humble opinion) dictates that short forms are not used. Hope this helped.
Yes. It depends on who is speaking (and when they're from), but in your example she wants to stay and watch the games.
Lucretia: Can we not stay for the rest of the games? In this case Lucretia wants to express her disgust, or her desire not do this thing, she puts the STRONG STRESS on NOT. "Can we not go there?" Or otherwise, you can mean her reaction as "I don't want to talk about it. Let's not talk about this".
No, I assume young as "can't we".
Use 'shall'.
human