Ethan
How to understand the meaning of "hits" in following sentence?? A developer's online tube map, created in a weekend, received 250,000 hits within a few days. Thanks !
2011年2月22日 09:48
6
0
It means the website has been visited 250,000 times in those few days. You could read it as "250,000 people have visited the site in just a few days." This is good because normally, you want a lot of people to visit your site, especially if you're selling something. You may have seen counters at the bottom of some webpages. They usually say something like "Thank you for visiting. 0000349523 visitors so far." If you have a lot of visitors daily, you could likely make some money by giving advertisers a spot on your page. Then, every time someone visits your page, each advertiser will pay you a small amount because whoever visited your page has seen their ad. Then for each ad you have on there, the amount is multiplied. If you're getting 0.05 cents from one company for every time someone visits your page, and another 0.05 cents from all of the other companies, you could potentially be earning .50 cents per visitor on your page (if you have 10 ads). With a page that gets 250,000 views a day, that could translate to $125,000. I think the amount ad companies are willing to pay web-hosts is a lot smaller (maybe 0.001 cent), but you get what I'm saying, right? I know I gave a lot of extra information, but I thought you would like to know why counting the hits could be important. Some people may not ever add ads to their site; they just want to see how popular the site is. This is simply a possibility.
2011年2月22日
Thanks all ! what a funy question, I have answer when I see this senteces today. I donot know what I was thinking of at that moment.
2011年2月23日
Every time someone clicks a link to your web-page, that web-page receives a hit.
2011年2月22日
A connection made to a website over the Internet or another network: Our company's website gets about 2,000 hits daily. www.thefreedictionary.com
2011年2月22日
hits = web access 250,000 that webpage was called, or had hits.
2011年2月22日
Ethan
Chinese (Mandarin), English, Korean, Spanish
English, Korean, Spanish