Michael
Concerning a quizze __________ the cinemas are showing the new Scorcese film. " 1,Both of. 2,Both. 3,Neither of. 4,All of the above. Why do the answer choose 4 "All of the above". In my opinion.The answer both 1 and 2 are are available for this quizze.
2
0
#1 is correct. Why? Well... Both of the cinemas... Both cinemas... Neither of the cinemas IS showing... Geddit?
I think "Neither of" is one of the answers by itself. That is to say, one of the correct answers is "Neither of the cinemas are showing the new Scorcese film." I don't think "Neither of" is referring to the two above answers. That is, "Neither answer A nor answer B" is not what "Neither of" means, or refers to. So, "Both", "Both of", and "Neither of" are all correct answers. Therefore, the best answer is "All of the above", which refers to "A. Both", "B. Both of", and "C. Neither of". I hope that helps.
Michael