benjamin211
Is this correct? " the number of residents who visited China was only half those who visited Turkey" in addtion, is there any other way to express this statement? thank you
3
0
100% correct. Only half the number of residents that visited China visited Turkey last year. The first sentence is better though.
It is 99% correct though it should be ' only half of those'....I don't understand their choice of the word residents. I would say The number of visitors to China was only half of that which visited Turkey, or The number or people who visited China was only half the number of people who visited Turkey.
benjamin211
Chinese (Mandarin), Chinese (Cantonese), Chinese (Other), English, French