shamrock
what does "blin,nu priz kak govorit moya mama,pirojok na polochke))" means? some of my friends are sending me msgs in russian in english alphabets I'm confused...can someone help me?
3
0
thanks guys :)
Блин (blin) means something like “(Oh) damn”, “(Oh) shit”. It's used usually when a person has not good reaction or mood in some situation and shows by word блин that he/she doesn't like it or something's wrong. Ну приз (nu priz) means - “I mean the prize” Как говорит моя мама (kak govorit moya mama) means - as/like says my mom/mum Пирожок на полочке (pirojok na polochke) means - patty's on the shelf. It says that your mom allows you to take the patty(as a prize) because you've done something good.
First of all, the phrase is written in Russian and this is forum for studding the Ukrainian language :) However, the Ukrainians are usually bilingual as the Irish (well, at least some of them), so they may know the answer. In original in should look like this: Блин, ну приз как говорит моя мама, "пирожок на полочке". and perhaps it means: Damn. Well, the prize is, like says my mum "a pasty* on the shelf". * http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pirozhki I'm not that good in Russian, so I don't know what does the idiom "pasty on the shelf" mean. :(
shamrock
English, Ukrainian
Ukrainian