catrun97
Could you tell me the meaning of "consult"in this paragraph? It looked like a typical business meeting. Six men, neatly dressed in white shirts and ties filed into the boardroom of a small Jakarta company and sat down at a long table. But instead of consulting files or hearing reports, they closed their eyes and began to meditate, consulting the spirits of ancient Javanese kings. Mysticism touches almost every aspect of life in Indonesia and business is no exception. One of the meditators said his weekly meditation sessions are aimed mainly at bringing the peace of mind that makes for good decision-making. But the insight gained from mystic communication with spirits of wise kings has also helped boost the profits of his five companies. Could you tell me the meaning of "consult" in this paragraph?
4
0
'To consult' means to seek advice or information; to refer to; to take into account, consider.
I would say "reference for an answer"
consult someone = go to someone and see what he has to say consult files = look at the files and see what they have to say It's all about seeing what someone or something has to say.
to consult = to ask some source for information or advice
catrun97