Alexander
And how did it get to be about you = and how did it concern you? A policeman hit his colleague. A FBI officer who is getting some help from him is lecturing him: - You think I wouldn't find out about you assaulting a fellow officer? - I didn't assault him. I just hit him. - Yeah, this is why I don't like meeting people. Nine times out of ten they let you down. - And how did this get to be about you? - Because it was a stupid rookie move and you could jeopardize my investigation!
2
0
Well, if you look at the first two sentences, you see it is about the policeman hitting his colleague. But somehow the FBI investigator turns it into a problem for himself - I don't like meeting people... - and suddenly it is all about the FBI investigator. So the policeman is asking sarcastically "How did this get to be about you?"
Alexander
English, German, Russian
German