ZeRoberto
Traditional Chinese vs Simplified Chinese Apart from the writing, which is "different" , is the pronunciation also different? how people from Taiwan learn Traditional Chinese, do they use also "Pinyin"? Which cities or ethnic minories learn Traditional Chinese in China?
9
1
There is no Traditional Chinese vs Simplified Chinese apart from writing. It's only about the writing. --------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Reply to comment: Ray, "you only need them when you have to talk to people who don't speak Mandarin" is nonsense since you don't need any characters to speak to somebody. -------------------- Ray, they only one confused is you. Simplified/Traditional applies only and really only just to Chinese characters. Not to any Mandarin spoken language and not to Pinyin.
There is no such thing as simplified or traditional Chinese. It refers only to the characters. The language is the same.
Your question is actually good, but confusing. If you wanted to ask Traditional characters vs Simplified characters, then they sound the same, in different writing. It's also the same ways in pronunciation marks. In Mainland, people write them as Roman alphabets. In Taiwan, people write them as Phonetic symbols. If you want to ask about just the Chinese languages. Then there are way too many culture stuffs you need to learn. I only know some of them. & It's impossible to explain clearly at here. ;)
繁体是正楷, 简体是草書. Both Traditional Chinese and Simplified Chinese are traditional chinese characters, they should pronounce the same. For example, "I have" is the same as " I've". People who learned "I have" will picked up the simplified word " I've" naturally. Similary, people who learned traditional chinese will automatically pick up simplified chinese. Pinyin use english alphabets, In Taiwan, they use chinese alphabets. But, functionally, they are the same.
繁体中文正在消失,大家都在使用简体中文。学中文,就学简体中文可以了。
ZeRoberto
Chinese (Mandarin), English, German, Japanese, Korean, Spanish
Chinese (Mandarin), German, Japanese, Korean