Avatar
What does "two lots of x-rays" mean? Ex: She had to go through two lots of x-rays. It was bound to be painful for her. I know "x-ray".But I don't understand "two lots of x-rays".Why does this sentence use "tow lots of".What does "two lots of x-rays" mean?Did she go throught two sets of x-rays at same time?Or at different time(go throught one set of x-ray and then go throught another set?
2
0
two lots = two groups, or two sets. So for instance, we have to go to two doctors who want to look at different areas of your body. One looks at your chest, one looks at your ankle. Now we have more than a single (one) x-ray of your chest and .. more than a single x-ray of your ankle. so we have two sets or two groups of x-rays. (two lots). it's a plural of plurals (more than one groups of things) A.
Sounds a bit strange to have X-ray in combination with 'lot'. Lot implies that something can be measured (by me), like 'lots of money', or lack thereof. But then again, we say 'lots of sun', and that makes sense. So I can presume that lots of X-ray means that the person went to it twice or more, could be different body parts though, or on different days, or both.
Avatar
Chinese (Mandarin), English, Korean, Thai
English, Korean, Thai