Noor
Advise or Advice Hello everybody Please someone can explain me the difference between these two words..and there usage.. If possible please give some examples as well.. Thanks
Mar 2, 2011 6:06 PM
3
0
Advice is a noun: you give advice, ie. a good suggestion. Advise is the verb: you advise someone to so something.
The simple explaination to your question is as under: ADVICE is a noun. Noun could be a person or a thing or any place. You can use ADVICE in sentences as given here: Please advice me for buying a property. Please don't give me any advice now. In these two sentences ADVICE is used as a noun as explained in the definition above. An example of noun is: My brother is a scientist. Here word scientist is a noun. ADVISE is a verb. A verb describes an action or anything we do like giving advice to somebody. You can use ADVISE in sentences as given here: Jura advised me about the price for the apartment. Mom always advise us for being good. In these two sentences ADVISE is used as a verb as explained in the definition above. An example of verb is: My brother is eating now. Here word eat(ing) is a verb which explains the action. I walk.. I sit. I drink....so here walk, sit and drink are used as VERB. Hope this is a sufficient explaination for this topic for now.
Please give me some advice [ noun] about buying this house. The real estate agent can advise [ verb] you about the price for the apartment.
Noor
Arabic, English, Hindi, Korean, Urdu
English, Hindi, Korean, Urdu