Shravan Kumar
I force to learn the english vocabulory as many with in one month, due to GRE exam Hello to everyone, I'll be plan to take GRE exam, so, as that i force to learn English vocabulary as many as possible,i practiced lot but i forgot ofter one week, so give me any good aids for me. Apart from this, writing skill to improve because essay writing questions,
Mar 2, 2011 7:17 PM
4
0
I don't think vocab is your primary challenge currently.
Hi Vyku, this Italki site will help you with the GRE Exam http://www.italki.com/knowledge/page/GRE%20test%20preparation%20tips.htm
In order to remember your English vocabulary you can follow 2 methods. First is the repetition-based method, where you learn English words by writing them several times or saying them repeatedly until you remember them all. If you patiently follow the process, you will see your vocabulary extended very well. Secondly, you also need have to have a notebook with your own note-taking rules. Each time you log onto Italki, note down any new words in the Questions and Answers section. The only problem is whether you want a rich vocabulary or not. Your plan should answer 4 questions. 1.How many words will you learn a week: 5, 10, 15 or more? 2. When will you learn them? Every other morning or anytime you feel like learning? 3. How often will you review what you have learnt: weekly, monthly or before a test ? 4. What areas of English will you focus on? Sports, music, games or sciences? The answers may vary a great deal from one person to another depending on memory, schedules and interest. You can gain a big vocabulary and improve your English by simply by determining what field of words to learn, making a plan of learning, choosing a learning method and regularly practising your plan and method. Daily vocab learning is better than weekly or monthly. Remember your vocab by drawing a small a picture next to it.For example, for the phrase "make up" draw a small coloured picture of a woman's face with lipstick, eye shadow and mascara. "Make up" also means to make friends again after an argument so you need to draw 2 people shaking hands underneath your first picture. Good luck.
A one month effort to improve your vocabulary would be for example reading lots of comprehension, looking up the new words and modes of expression, then reading them again and again until you memorize them. You need to concentrate while learning them with lots of repetition, this should help you not forget them so quickly. As for your writing skills, this need to be improved gradually, one month might not be enough, but learning some expressions by heart to use in your essay will help you present it in a better way for now. If you want further tips for the long run let me know... Good luck:)
Shravan Kumar