student
what is the different between(look at & watch with see) thanks 4 all?
Mar 9, 2011 5:44 PM
2
0
see means to use youe eyes to look at and notice people or things: i can't see without my glasses. we can't see in the darkness. watch means to look at and pay attention tosomething that is happening or moving: i was watcging an exciting football match on TV. look means to turn your eyes towards something or someoneso that you can see them: look at the board. look at me while i am talking.
Look - to look at something for a reason, with an intention. ‘Look at that strange man.’ ‘Look at the pictures I took on holiday.’ See -to ‘see’ something that comes into our sight that we weren’t looking for. ‘Did you see that bird? – I wasn’t looking for it, it just appeared. ‘I saw you driving to work today.’ Watch - to look at something carefully, usually at something which is moving. ‘Watch TV’- the TV doesn’t move, but you watch the moving images carefully. ‘Watch here you are going! You almost stepped on my foot!’
student
Arabic, English, Kurdish