宇Yu
how to ask this in polite way Say I want to look for a model for the cloths that I sell on ebay. And I want to take photos. On the street I find someone, and how should I talk about that without scaring them away. I can't just tap them and say "Excuse me, may I have a word with you?", can I? - -||| Thank you.
Mar 10, 2011 3:42 PM
7
0
Your best bet would probably be a newspaper or internet ad requesting a woman for a modeling job. However, if you must ask someone on the street, you should explain thoroughly. I'd start with "I sell clothing" or something similar. This makes it clear the pictures are for professional interests, not personal ones. "Excuse me, may I have a word with you? I sell clothing and I need a woman for a modeling job. Would you be interested?"
Have pictures or the actual garment in hand to prove what you want them to wear. It would be two fold, first, it would prove you have a legitimate purpose, second, even if they wanted to model for you, they might want to know what they are modeling. Do you have a business card. Are you ready to tell them how much you will pay...
hello ,where are you ? maybe i can recommend a friend for you?
I would recommend Googling a local model agency. These people are actually looking for this work, and in this economy, you may not have to pay much. You have to spend money to make money, or so they say. Secondly, you could take out an ad and request photos. Might get more than you are asking for- bonus! I really don't think there is a way to do this otherwise without sounding like a perv.
I presume you are asking Europeans in China. It is not what you say, but how you say it. Don't come across as creepy. Hello, I'm [name] and I'm looking for models to.......... You seem good for the role. Would you be interested? I suggest you go out on the street and practice this with average looking girls before you go on to the hotties. You'll get all sorts of weird responses as European/American women tend to have their heads up their asses. Just keep going till you feel very comfortable then step up to the better looking ones.
宇Yu
Chinese (Mandarin), French
French