Allison
I was just wondering, when writing in japanese, korean or chinese, do you have spaces between like we do betwe
Mar 12, 2011 11:41 AM
10
0
There is no spaces between in chinese. Because characters consist of strokes. Different characters stand for different meanings, so we needn't space. But in English, words consist of letters, so we need spaces to seperate different words.
When you write Chinese, there is not space between word and word.
There are spaces also in japanese, but it's hard for me to know where, because in my school they taught me to write without spaces. In computer you should use them, because if you don't, people won't understand you. (happened to me twice with the same person u.u)
December 14, 2012
Chinese word is a kind of hieroglyph ,each word is a picture .therefore there is no place between the two pictures, between the two Chinese words .eg. sun is translated Chinese 太阳,long times ago,ancient Chinese write 日, ,,inside A CIRCLE ,is a point。
Yes, there are spaces between words in Korean. (I get corrected on missing spaces on this site sometimes :) ).
Allison
Chinese (Mandarin), English, Japanese, Korean
Chinese (Mandarin), Japanese, Korean