Nevzat
Blood donation. Do you think it must be forced or not ?

Do you give your blood ? How often ? Some days, I think the governments should make a policy that blood donation must be forced..

Because a lot of people can't find when they need it. And people are very selfish.
Maybe, it must be for organ donation too.
Do you think this opinion is against freedom of personal ?

Sep 1, 2015 2:15 PM
Comments · 19

Donating blood and organs is an honorable thing Nevzat, It saves lives but it's a personal choice that no one should be forced to take. There must be a national project to educate everyone in every country about the importance of this issue. I'm with donating blood and organs with all my heart, here is a link to a discussion I started once and it was nice to know how others think about the whole idea.

http://www.italki.com/discussion/80972

September 1, 2015

It depends on how it's collected. With needles, no. With hatchet, axe and saw - why not???

I'd like to donate blood because it lowers blood iron, and my iron is higher than optimal. But because I lived in Sub-Saharan Africa for 3 years nobody will accept my blood. Not even Dracula.

September 2, 2015

I don't think it should be forced, nor should organ donation be. Blood and tissue are literally your property, and one should be able to decide what happens to it, just like people can decide to have their wealth burned in death. 

Having said that, I'm a strong proponent of blood and organ donation, but it needs to be approached in a different way. Instead of forcing an option on them, educate them so that they can do it willingly. A lot of people are unaware just how much you can help others in need by a simple donation, but I think it's getting better. 

September 1, 2015

Yes, once a month a vampire-like dressed man should knock at your door and say 'give me your blo~od!'.

September 2, 2015

Yes ,I think it must be like taxes as we will find it if any thing bad happened 

September 2, 2015
Show more