Simón Wheeler
Professional Teacher
2 minute English writing practice, No.9 Many students have problems when they don't know a word. To practice finding a way to describe something and continue communicating, write a description of a DRILL. Try to describe the appearance and not just its function. I will correct your work and tomorrow will give a possible answer. See the last 2 minute writing practice No.8 - ENVELOPE: http://www.italki.com/entry/559253 I look forward to hearing from you, Simon.

A drill is construction equipment which we use for making holes on the wall or other surfaces so after we mount a screw into hole. We usually use it during a repair.

A drill is a hand or electrical instrument. It is used for making holes. You must have a drill if you do house repair. Many brends like as Bosh, Hitachi, DeWalt produce a drill.

A possible description for a DRILL: A drill is a tool or machine that is used to make precise holes in hard objects. Using a different size "bit", we can make holes to the exact size that we need. With a drill we can make holes in a surface, to insert a screw, so that we can fix something to the surface; or we can makes holes in two objects through which a bolt can be inserted, to hold the objects together tightly.
Hi Loletta, Thanks for your interest. I think you mean grill. But please don't worry about making mistakes - this is the way we learn. When our children say something silly, we don't tell them it is bad. We help them and eventually they understand. They are practicing every day by listening. Keep trying. Simon.
sorry that's Grill ,, sound similar lool