Simón Wheeler
Professional Teacher
2 minute English writing practice, No. 10 Many students have problems when they don't know a word. To practice finding a way to describe something and continue communicating, write a description of a KITE. Try to describe the appearance and not just its function. I will correct your work and tomorrow will give a possible answer. See the last 2 minute writing practice No.9 - DRILL: http://www.italki.com/entry/559733 I look forward to hearing from you, Simon.
A possible description of a KITE: A flying toy, usually in the shape of a flat diamond. Commonly constructed by crossing two sticks and covering them with material like paper or plastic sheet, which catches the air and makes it rise. It is tied to a long piece of string and we hold onto the other end, so it doesn't fly away! Sometimes a tail is added to give it stability.
Ok, María, A kite is an object that can be different shapes: square, oval, etc. but usually has a shape like a bird, with two wings. Remember that the adjectives are not plural. We don't really need the article "it" in the phrase, "but it usually has..." since we have just used the noun and it is clear what we are talking about. Regards, Simon.
Kite is a objetc that can be diferents forms, it can be square, oval, etc.but it usually have form like a bird, with two wings.
Thank you very much.