Devina
ask about japanese paragraph

例えば、会社の利益になると思えない残業を命じられたり、法令や規則違反ギリギリの仕事を依頼されたりする場面で、ほとんどの人は『自分はそれをしたくない』とだけ言い張ったり、あるいは適当なその場しのぎの理由でごまかそうとしたりします

i really dont understand this paragraph please helpp

this paragraph means being commanded to do overtime work which seems no to make profit for company(?),requested to do which is about to violate the rule, many people will said and insist i wont do that , or deceive with reason that suitable(?)(?)

i really dont get it and sometimes lost help!!!

Jun 23, 2016 2:06 PM
Comments · 4

hi, I don't know which part you don't understand. But, I would try to translate it for you, ok..?

例えば、
For example,

会社の利益になると思えない残業を命じられたり、
to be asked to work overtime that doesn't seem worthy to the company, or

法令や規則違反ギリギリの仕事を依頼されたりする場面で、
To be ask to do the work that almost violate the law or rules,

ほとんどの人は『自分はそれをしたくない』と
だけ言い張ったり
Most people would only say I don’t want to do that

あるいは適当なその
場しのぎの理由でごまかそうとしたりします

Or just to duck by some reasons or excuses.

hope this helps~

June 23, 2016

You are rlght mostly.

・会社の利益になるとは思えない残業

Overtime work which does't seem to make a profit for a company.

・適当なその場しのぎの理由

ここでの「適当」は、「いいかげんな」という意味で使われています。「その場しのぎ」は、「とりあえずその場がうまくいけば大丈夫」という意味で、「後回しにする」ともとらえられます。

日常の会話では、「適当」は、よく「いいかげん」という意味で使われることがあります。本来の意味とは、真逆になってしまうので少し理解しづらいかもしれません。

-------------

I think It's a little complicating sentences, so I couldn't explain all in English. But I hope It works.

June 23, 2016

例えば、会社の利益になると思えない残業を命じられたり、法令や規則違反ギリギリの仕事を依頼されたりする場面で、ほとんどの人は『自分はそれをしたくない』とだけ言い張ったり、あるいは適当なその場しのぎの理由でごまかそうとしたりします

ところが、本当に必要なことは、それを行うと相手にどんな不利益があるのか、また相手にとってより良い代替案は何なのか、しっかりと説明することなのです。

and third paragraph point is about to persuade another people to do what the same as you think without thinking about their disadvantage??

June 23, 2016

hello thanks so much for the reply!~

何か自分が望まないことを断るという状態を、ゼミナーなどで様々な方に実演してもらうことがあります。その時、訓練を受けていない人は9割方、『自分の利害のセスメイ』から始めようとしがちです。

<ul class="media-heading list-inline"><li>Devina</li><li></li></ul>

<ul class="list-inline m-r-3"><li ng-repeat="item in user.language_obj_s|orderBy:'level':true" class="">Indonesian,</li><li ng-repeat="item in user.language_obj_s|orderBy:'level':true" class="">Japanese</li></ul><ul class="list-inline m-r-3" ng-if="(user.language_obj_s|filter:{is_learning:1}).length>0"><li>Learning:</li><li ng-repeat="item in user.language_obj_s|filter:{is_learning:1}|orderBy:'level':true" class="">Japanese</li></ul>

i think i understand the second paragraph, the main point of the second paragraph is you don t want to do that is not useful for yourself(?) -> but i dont understand what is the connection between first and second pargraph. like the example in paragraph two explain what sentence in paragraph one? 

June 23, 2016