Phil|Accent Trainer
Professional Teacher
请给我发音的建议一下。"喜欢喝咖啡"
Last week, I did a Mandarin Chinese notebook entry about drinking coffee, which was kindly corrected by some italki members. Now, I’ve attempted to read the corrected version aloud.  我想知道你们能不能了解? 有多难了解,有什么建议可以帮助我吗.    Anyhow, all comments and advice from Chinese speakers are more than welcome, and would be very helpful in my efforts to improve my Chinese. Please be honest — no mercy!

Audio recording:

Transcript:
每天早上我很喜欢喝咖啡。 多么好的开始新的一天的方法! 咖啡是我最喜欢的非酒精饮料。我也喜欢在傍晚喝咖啡。 我在傍晚再喝一杯。咖啡对身心非常有益。 我喝咖啡不加牛奶,不加糖。 牛奶我不确定,但是糖对身体肯定不好。在喝一杯香的咖啡的同时学习中文真的很有趣。这就叫多任务处理 !
Jan 29, 2018 12:56 AM
Comments · 14

Not a bad effort. Concentrate on breaking up your sentences properly like Daniel said 

每天早上 / 我很喜歡喝咖啡。多麼好(/)的開始新的一天(/)的方法。咖啡 / 是我最喜歡(/)的非酒精飲料。我也喜歡在傍晚的時候喝咖啡。我在傍晚的時候 / 再喝一杯。咖啡 / 對身心 / 非常有益。我喝咖啡不加牛奶, / 不加糖。牛奶 / 我就不確定,但是 / 糖 / 對身體 / 肯定(/)很不好。在喝一杯香的咖啡的同時 / 學習中文 / 眞的很有趣。這 / 就叫(/)多任務處理。

My version (sorry, the quality isn't wonderful, internet not great where I am)

https://vocaroo.com/i/s0donnfHkXtn

January 29, 2018
谢谢!你太棒了!
January 31, 2018

Hi Phil, yes. There are in Chinese. It is a bit complicated though. It is not just about length and complicity of a sentence, also the way of composing. I think when we have mastered a language,the spoken and the written become interchangeable effortlessly. We take it granted.  

Do not pay attention to those yet, just try to keep your sentence short to start with. 

I took the liberty to make a few small amendments on your text. Hope it helps.

每天早上,我都(dou)喜欢喝一杯咖啡。 多么好的方法, 开始新的一天! 咖啡是我最喜欢的热饮(re ying)。我也喜欢在傍晚喝一杯。咖啡对身心有益。 我喝的咖啡没有(mei you)牛奶,也没有糖。虽然我不确定牛奶对(dui)身体(shen ti)是否(shi fou)有害(you hai),但是糖对身体肯定不好。在喝一杯香喷喷的咖啡的同时学习中文很有意思。这就叫多任务处理!

January 31, 2018
Hi, Phil. From my experience in English pronunciation, I do not think it is cheating. I am not good with music,but perhaps it is a nice way to go for learning the Rhythm.

I have an impression from your earlier mention that you write the text before deciding to read it. As in English, Chinese speaking has small differences with its writing. The text is not catching in speaking. For example,“ 多么好的开始新的一天的方法!” it is correct in terms of the text itself. I find the sentence is a bit long and less everyday speaking like. When we could not finish a sentence within a breath, we tend to mix sounds together. From my perspective, this is a reason caused problem and why I suggest to rephrase it.

It seems 上(shang),始(shi),就(jiu),肯(ken),are problems. 

Might I ask why you write  ”did think of “ ?I often do the same thing,  but could not reason myself why I say ” do text me“ or ”do ignore me“.

January 31, 2018

@ Phil

It seems a few words are getting your way for a fluent pronunciation. Perhaps to rephrase the text for speaking propose.

January 30, 2018
Show more