Cara Sue
Community Tutor
How to learn Mandarin Chinese from a beginner (base on my personal experience )
Fist of all , set up a achieveable with deadline. This goal is your motivation.

My goal for study Korean is I want to have a fluent conversation with local people by the end of 2020. 

Secondly, make a plan, how often and how many time you can spend on study? Make it as regular in your life and  <a href="https://www.bing.com/dict/search?q=execute&FORM=BDVSP6&mkt=zh-cn" rel="noopener noreferrer" target="_blank" style="color: black;">execute</a> it.

I learn Korean textbook two days a week, and take lesson once a week last year. I slowed down this year dute to I am busy with my work but I still watche Korean reality TV shows once a week to keep practicing my listening.

Thirdly, spend time to find the proper study materials for yourself, try them and decide one or two, don't need more. I changed three materials for the first several months when I learn Korean.

And for learning Chinese , if you start from zero, I would recomand some good resources as following :

1) Study APP: LingoDeer and Hello Chinese
2) Dictionary: Pleco
3) Youtube Channel: Litao Chinese/ Yoyo Chinese, this channel offer how to lear Pinyin and give basic converstion so you can go over and repead. I am not promote for this channel , you can find another good one and welcome to share with me.

Fourthly, find a proper teacher to guid you with textbook and start to make a progress.

For textbook I highly recommend HSK 1 Standard Course, is very suitable for beginners, it offer basic dialoge , pinyin rules explaination, how to write Chinese Character.

In the end, I would say self study and self discipline are very important to learning any languages, it’s okay if you make the progress slowly , just be patient and keep doing it. 

I wrote this aritcle base on my personal Chinese teaching experience and learn Korean by myself experience, feel free to leave any opinion and share any good resourse.

If you're interested in learning Korean, I can share my resource to you.Feel free to contact me .
Oct 10, 2019 3:57 AM