Olivia
What do people do to fight against the COVID-19
I know a lot of people have troubles with social distancing, so do IšŸ’¤.
Here are some recommendations to kill time or to make ourselves feel better, some of you may know it already:
šŸŽØLearning new things, such as new dishes, desserts, a language, painting etc. Or something you used to want to learn but didn't, now you get the chance.
šŸ¤”Making all the efforts as you can for whoever needs help, like delivering meals or groceries to the elder or children and so on.
šŸ“žCalling up or Facetime your friends, relatives and who you've drifted apart.
āœ… Spending more time with family and connecting with yourself.
šŸ“šReading more and good books. Comedies and movies.
šŸ”Keeping your place clean, tidy and lovely, wear decent clothes and makeup, it's normal for male to wear makeup nowadays if you want.
šŸ¤øā€ā™€ļøDoing exercise at home everyday to stay healthy and enhance your immune system, and it's time to have a good shape, you will rather look handsome when you can meet people face to face.
šŸ“±šŸ–„Reading the news or informations that are reliable.
Last but not least, spend some time to see what do the doctors, nursesšŸ‘Øā€āš•ļø šŸ‘©ā€āš•ļø , Officers šŸ‘® , support crew and some other relative people like cleaners, drivers etc do to fight against the coronavirus for us.
Someone like the present Mayor of Italy, just watch the good things that he has done so far to protect his citizens, like talking to the people to stay home through Internet and walking on the street to ask whoever stays outside to go home...
šŸ‘‚ Listen to the officers who tell the truth about the real circumstance of COVID-19 and useful suggestions.
šŸŒŽ Find out the details and truth about how China has been helping.
To see more positive and touching and real stories/videos in China or around the world on how people help each other to fight against the coronavirus with your phone or computer. You can find as many as you want on Facebook, Instagram, YouTube etc.
I really think this is really very important and helpful to all of us to get through this difficulty and get better in the future.
So what's your plan to survive from COVID-19?
Would you like to share your ideas šŸ’” :)

Mar 21, 2020 5:51 AM
Comments Ā· 5
Thank you so much for your awesome recommendations. Each of us is responsible for others health and I myself try my best to stay at home. I know we all can go through this tough situation successfully.
March 21, 2020
Olivia, thanks for your thoughtful post. I agree with every point. I only want to discuss for a moment the use of the term 'social distancing'. While I have no problem with using the terms 'self-quarantine' and 'flattening the curve', I doubt the precision of the questioned term. Of course, I understand the idea behind the word. But I think we should rather talk about "physical distance', shouldn't we?
If we forgo touching others, also our friends and family members, we do that in order to protect them and ourselves. This behavior expresses rather social warmth and care, not distance!
Native speakers, what do you think about this consideration?

March 21, 2020
Hi Olivia,

thanks for your suggestions and a special thanks to the Chinese doctors that are now here in Italy to help and cooperate with our doctors.

One of the suggestion I find really useful is not to stop practicing physical exercises, even if performed at home.
I'm doing that almost every day while listening music and it helps in reducing the stress of this time.

Regards
Lorenzo
March 21, 2020
# Fatemeh you are welcomešŸ˜Š
Stay safe, stay healthy and stay positive:)
March 21, 2020
You are welcome LorenzošŸ˜Š
I'm glad my suggestions are useful.
Actually helping others is helping ourselves.
March 22, 2020