Mohammad
Do you think this website is useful or not? why?
Apr 26, 2015 1:25 AM
Comments · 21

^No, the original phrasing of the question is correct.

April 26, 2015

Whether this website is useful or not depends on if and how you use it. It can certainly help.

See it as a tool, like a hammer, which is totally useless if you need to paint your wall, but very usefull to drive a nail into wood. It all depends how you use it.

April 26, 2015

It depends on you, for example i learned from my mistakes, ones in a week i'm trying to write here some an interesting topic and teachers corrected me, after correction i learned from my mistakes and another time i'm not gonna write in a wrong way.  ;)

May 8, 2015

The part of the website that enables me to locate professional teachers and pay for lessons has been very useful. The (two) teachers I use couldn't be better, skilled at teaching and completely professional, and lessons over Skype with video--and teachers who know how to use screen sharing and Google Docs--are very effective.

The part that lets me find language partners has been very useful, but as many have noted it's not easy to find a good language partner. 

The other features--this forum, the "notebook entries," the Q&A--are, shrug, well they're certainly useful and they don't cost anything, but they aren't a way to learn a language in themselves.

To me, italki is <em>mostly</em> a marketplace for connecting with paid teachers--and I've found it to be excellent for that purpose. 

November 1, 2015

I like this website quite a lot. I think as any other websites, you will find people with different interests, although this is supposed to be a language learning community, but by and large I only have good experiences, people have been very helpful and correct. 

If there is someone expecting to learn a language only by being here, he/she is wrong but as another tool it might help you to brush the language you are learning up. 

November 1, 2015
Show more