Search from various English teachers...

小王子第十章:变老
Description
第十章:变老
我的朋友带着他的小羊已经离去六年了。
Six years have already passed since my friend went away from me, with his sheep.
我之所以在这里尽力把他描写出来,就是为了不要忘记他。
If I try to describe him here, it is to make sure that I shall not forget him.
忘记一个朋友,这太叫人悲伤了。
To forget a friend is sad.
并不是所有的人都有过一个朋友。
Not every one has had a friend.
再说,我也可能变成那些大人那样,只对数字感兴趣。
And if I forget him, I may become like the grown-ups who are no longer interested in anything but figures...
也正是为了这个缘故,我买了一盒颜料和一些铅笔。
It is for that purpose, again, that I have bought a box of paints and some pencils.
像我这样年纪的人,
It is hard to take up drawing again at my age,
而且除了六岁时画过闭着肚皮的和开着肚皮的巨蟒外,别的什么也没有尝试过,现在,重新再来画画,真费劲啊!
when I have never made any pictures except those of the boa constrictor from the outside and the boa constrictor from the inside, since I was six.
当然,我一定要把这些画尽量地画得逼真,
I shall certainly try to make my portraits as true to life as possible.
但我自己也没有把握。
But I am not at all sure of success.
一张画得还可以,另一张就不像了。
One drawing goes along all right, and another has no resemblance to its subject.
还有身材大小,我画得有点不准确。在这个地方小王子画得太大了些,另一个地方又画得太小了些。
I make some errors, too, in the little prince's height: in one place he is too tall and in another too short.
对他衣服的颜色我也拿不准。
And I feel some doubts about the color of his costume.
于是我就摸索着这么试试那么改改,画了个大概。
So I fumble along as best I can, now good, now bad, and I hope generally fair-to-middling.
我很可能在某些重要的细节上画错了。
In certain more important details I shall make mistakes, also.
这就得请大家原谅我了。
But that is something that will not be my fault.
因为我的这个朋友,从来也不加说明解释。
My friend never explained anything to me.
他认为我同他一样。
He thought, perhaps, that I was like himself.
可是,很遗憾,我却不能透过盒子看见小羊。
But I, alas, do not know how to see sheep through the walls of boxes.
我大概有点和大人们差不多。
Perhaps I am a little like the grown-ups.
我一定是变老了。
I have had to grow old.
Podcast Channel
小王子-The Little Prince-Read in Chinese
Author
All episodes

用来记忆的谐音——山巅一寺一壶酒

Correcciones del Cuestionario Español Jopará Paraguayo

Dar corte vs dar un corte

La frugalité ! 1/2

那是最好的时代,也是最坏的时代

CHAO‘s HSK Listening Capsule(Intermediate)HSK3-4我们喜欢的颜色Our favorite colors

〈#15〉3月14日月曜日 すもうの大会はじまる

B2B versus B2C
Popular episodes

Learning Chinese culture with Miss Zhang
用来记忆的谐音——山巅一寺一壶酒

Rohayhudcast! Paraguayan spanish!
Correcciones del Cuestionario Español Jopará Paraguayo

De todo un poco
Dar corte vs dar un corte

French Stories For All
La frugalité ! 1/2

Chilling Chinese
那是最好的时代,也是最坏的时代

CHAO's HSK Listening Capsule(Intermediate)|A Daily Dose to Sharpen Your Ears|CHAO的HSK听力胶囊(中级)
CHAO‘s HSK Listening Capsule(Intermediate)HSK3-4我们喜欢的颜色Our favorite colors

北海道Hokkaido生活 for Japanese learners
〈#15〉3月14日月曜日 すもうの大会はじまる

The Habits of Professionals Growing Into Strong, Confident English Communicators
B2B versus B2C