Hello dear friends!
Thanks for the great topic. My first foreign language is German, I studied it at school.
After he entered the German university as a web designer. I realized that English is the key to the whole world.. Having learned one language. I decided that I would learn English by myself. And I faced the first test that I understand what I read, what I hear. But I can't speak.....and I set a goal to speak this year, because I want to do an internship in an international company where English is the main language of communication. And I firmly decided that to press the gas pedal, like a racer in a Formula 1 race car, and improve my spoken English.
And I feel the results and I hasten to share with you dear friends.
1) Realize that language data exchange is an incredible thing not to be afraid of.
2) The person who communicates with you is also learning and will make mistakes, this is normal. Don't be afraid to make mistakes my friend. We all learn from them.
3) Get out of your comfort zone, try not only to write, but also to call and send audio messages. It's very useful and incredibly fun.
4) Patience, and purpose is the direct path to success. Motivate your interlocutor with various new topics and interesting facts and news.
5) Support is incredibly important. Since many of us study and work in parallel and have families. And so they get very tired. And then we appear;) Which can always listen to a friend in a language exchange.
6) Play together, feel free to share your emotions.
7) It is quite possible that you will become future friends and come to visit each other.
8) The world is open for you and yes you, my dear friend, open up to the world and find a language exchange friend. You will succeed.
I embrace and wish you success.