Mauritanian Method of Memorisation 🧠
The Mauritanian way of memorizing things is well known, and it can be implemented when you want to memorize vocabulary, here is how they do it:
1. Write or read the text to someone until you are able to read it perfectly.
2. Read the text 300 times from memory, whilst occasionally referring back to check if you have accidentally missed anything.
3. Return back to the text and read it 200 times as per point number 2, this time it is not necessary to read up on someone.
4. Finally, read the text again from memory 200 times.
1. Read the text that you had memorized previously 150 times from memory before starting a new text.
2. Apply the same method as day one on the new text.
1. Read day 1’s text 50 times from memory.
2. Read day 2’s text 150 times from memory before starting a new text.
1. Read day 2’s text 50 times from memory.
2. Read day 3’s text 150 times from memory before starting a new text.
This way can be adjusted and tested for your own memorization purposes.
Thank you for your time 😊