Sergio Rey
What do I need to work in the UK?

Hello iTalki! Today I have a question so lets see:


As a Spanish citizen (and obviusly an european citizen) I've read that I've the right of working in the UK (as a full-time job, part-time job or making my own business) but my question is:

Do I need something more than the certificate of beeing an EU citizen?


Why am I asking that? Well, as you know Spain is suffering too much and also, working abroad would be a great experience.


I would like to get some answers brcause I'm a bit confused about how to apply for a job abroad. Thanks for your time.

Jan 16, 2016 12:08 PM
Comments · 3

I believe that now you may have to pass some English language tests.


January 16, 2016

You are often asked to show your passport when you apply for employment.  This is to verify that you have the right to work in the UK.  As an EU national, you will not encounter any problems in this respect.  Your employer should deal with issues relating to tax and NI [National Insurance], but you will need to apply for a NI number :

For some jobs you may have to demonstrate that you have an adequate level of English.  This will probably be ascertained at interview.

January 16, 2016

You just need your ID to demonstrate you're elegible to. work in Uk

January 16, 2016