I'm taking my son to Portugal for the summer to improve his Portuguese. I'm trying to decide which is better, Lisboa or Porto. There are three factors to consider:
1. Which city is more interesting in the summer?
2. Which city is cheaper to find a 3-month rental?
3. My son has been studying with Brazilian teachers. Will the Lisboa accent be easier for him or will the Porto accent be easier?
Any input would be greatly appreciated!!
1. Both cities are interesting, but Lisbon has more to do and see. If you're interested in going to the beach, then they're usually better in the south as well.
2. Porto is cheaper
3. For someone used to a Brazilian accent it's probably the same. When it comes to European Portuguese, the way people talk in Lisbon is considered more "standard" though
I don't know about questions 1 and 2... but the accent in Porto and Lisboa are quite the same and they are bought different from Brazilian Portuguese. He will probably strange for couple days.