Public transport card Hello, could anybody please tell me how are the "pernament cards" for public transport called?
I mean when you pay some money to have unlimited transport by busses/trams for some time (month, year...). Thanks
Apr 11, 2019 8:31 PM
Comments · 5

Note that 'transit pass' is the North American term: this may not be understood outside the US and Canada.

In the UK, 'travelcard' would be the the right term. You could also use 'season ticket' in some cases.

In Australia, I believe, 'transport pass' is used.

There is no single answer to your question.  It all depends on where you are, how the particular transport systems are run, and what products are on offer there.

April 12, 2019
It's called a transit pass, there are different forms depending on for how long you want them to work, annual pass would be for a whole year etc. Or you can simply say a bus-pass or train pass.
April 11, 2019
That sounds like a travelcard, to me. It does depend a little bit on where you are travelling. Unfortunately, here in the UK all of the different transport services are operated by different private companies. Only in the lucky places can you get one card that works on all forms of transport (like the oyster card in London)
April 11, 2019
Thank you for your help :)
April 12, 2019
Thanks! ^^
April 12, 2019